[CAMBC - mtb] CAT-Talk: Tour Divide by Dr David Horton

Christian Dahlhausen dahlhausen at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 9 08:57:05 PDT 2011

 Hi gang,

I am very pleased to announce our second CAT-Talk as a joint-venture
betweenCAT & CAMBC
<http://www.cambc.org/>(Charlottesville Area Mountain Bike Club); presenting
a well-known trail runner/ultra runner/long distance expert/ mountain biker,
Dr. David Horton. The talk will be held on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 6:00
pm in Room 123 of Rouss & Robertson Halls (McIntire School of Commerce).

Dr. Horton will talk about his recently completed Tour Divide, a
ultra-cycling challenge to pedal solo and self-supported the length of Great
Divide Mountain Bike Route (2745mi)...as fast as possible. Hear about his
fascinating trek and transitional journey from ultra runner to ultra
mountain biker.
 Following the presentation we will have a moderated Q&A session, as well as
a social gathering/dinner at a restaurant on the Corner (place tbd) after
the event. We ask for a donation of $5 to cover travel costs for our speaker
and second as contribution for development and trail maintenance at the
Patricia Ann Byrom Forrest Park.

Prior to the talk everybody is welcome to join Dr. Horton at a mountain bike
group ride or trail run at Observatory Hill.

4pm  - Group Ride/Run: Meet at Blue Ridge
Cyclery<http://blueridgecyclery.com/storelocator/>and ride at
Observatory Hill
6pm -  Tour Divide Talk: Room 123, Rouss Hall,  McIntire School of Commerce,
UVa
8pm -  Dinner social on the Corner (place tbd)

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X-UXKVQFrwI/TmoJ0vQkvHI/AAAAAAAASpE/LCMR1r9Q3OI/s1600/HortonFlyer_Blog.jpg>

Please comment on this post if you intend to come or RSVP to the Facebook
event here <https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=207729989289492>.

More info about Tour Divide: http://tourdivide.org/
More info about CAMBC: http://www.cambc.org
Meeting spot for the ride: Blue Ridge